Shannon M. Simms, MA, CCC
I am a Professional Member of the Canadian Counselling & Psychotherapy Association (CCPA), possessing a Canadian Certified Counsellor (CCC) designation. I work in the areas of mental health and addiction.
To qualify for certification, in addition to the required education and experience, I agree to abide by a code of ethics and standards of professional conduct. To maintain my certification, every year I must obtain a required number of Continuing Education hours.
I have a specialty in Problem Gambling and have a contract with the Provincial Government to provide free counselling for people who meet the criteria for problem gambling or are affected by a problem gambler.
Since 2005 I have been working as a Qualified Insolvency Counsellor for Licensed Insolvency Trustees.
- Certified Member: Canadian Counselling & Psychotherapy Association
- Canadian Certified Counsellor #9635
- Qualified Insolvency Counsellor
- Problem Gambling Counsellor
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours), Simon Fraser University
- Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology, TWU
I have many professional resources and contacts, so if I am not able to assist you myself, I may be able to point you in a helpful direction.